OT - Think You're Tough?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Think You're Tough?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 06:55 pm:

I saw this on A.J. Foyt today:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a3185/80-year-old-aj-foyt-is-toughe r-than-all-of-us/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

I named my youngest son A.J. after him.
My oldest is named after Cale Yarborough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

I knew AJ back in the 50's. I'm a year older than he is. We used to meet at Stewart's Drive-In at the corner of South Main and OST in Houston and did impromptu drag races on Almeda and other roads. We had a lot of fun in those days. AJ lived with his folks and they had some acreage and an old Willys Jeep which he let me drive some times. I got drafted in '57 and only saw him a couple of times shortly after I got out of the army.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 10:01 pm:

I named my cat "Steve" after Steve McGladry, holder of the dubious honor of having
thrown the most balls during his Major League career.

In a completely unrelated question, let's see who can tell us who holds the record for
having been hit on the chin with the most balls during their career ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher McCulley on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

I'd say Linda Lovelace?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

Wow, first guess nailed it I think. That's funny stuff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

Burger, I don't know who got hit on the chin the most, but I do know which pitcher hit more batters than most. It was my cousin Ryan Duren, my mom's first cousin. He played for the Yankee's in the 50's and 60's. His pitching was fast and very wild, he once hit the batter in the batter up box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 11:12 pm:

Dean, great memories. I followed baseball as a kid during that era, Duren was a real show:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryne_Duren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 11:48 pm:

I was reading the "balls" question to my wife and to my utter amazement she guessed the correct answer!!!!!!

Just astounded,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 12:11 am:

Correct answer: Liberace

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 12:55 am:

Never saw that coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher McCulley on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 09:17 am:

Linda, Liberace, I can see the confusion. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

As I understand it, Elton John is set to take that record from Liberace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

This thread is going to die real soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bills Auto Works on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 01:40 pm:

Bruce Jenner has a long way to go to catch up with Liberace or Elton John!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

Sometimes the thread drift on this forum just amazes me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 12:37 am:

Yeah, this is some serious thread drift !!!

So, how about those golden days of NASCAR when they drove real cars ? !!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

If I had grown up during the time they were running cars purty much as built in Nascar,I mighta could'a got into it. But today's decal-ed rolling billboards, naw, boring.

thread drift, This thread would be a good 1 to link to on the online dictionary to help define the word. :-)

I never thought I would see that collection of names in the same place here.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration