Frank Fenton's Timers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Frank Fenton's Timers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

Is Frank Fenton still making Anderson timers and if so, does anyone have a contact number?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Frank isn't but Hutch is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 09:17 am:

Bill -- Frank sold that business to Hutch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 09:25 am:

Is this the same business that's now making the New Days?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Hutchinson on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 11:27 am:

Yes, Tip Top Timers, offers both the Anderson Timer, and the New Day Timer, if you have any questions or need assistance please contact me ant 509-220-0892.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

Bill
In my view here is a better alternative to the Anderson Style timer.
TW Timer
Ron Patterson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

Sorry
TW Timer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 06:12 am:

Ron, I tried the TW and it works fine as long as your timing cover doesn't leak. I've replaced the old style felt seal with the modern neoprene one and still I get enough "gunk" build up inside the timer that it shorts out and causes major headaches so I'm gonna switch to the Anderson. Besides, I've heard that the old style squarish TW brush was faulty and he redesigned a better, more rounded one. I have the old style and maybe that contributed to the issue but regardless, the TW needs to be perfectly dry and my T is just too leaky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

More important is the proper centering of the timer cover to the center of the camshaft.

Despite the thread drift, the current Anderson Style timers are quality

Bob Jablonski.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

Since good New Day timers are getting available again, I wonder how they stand up to minor oil leaks from the cam seal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 10:00 pm:

Had good luck with Andersons Frank rebuilt one in an orginal casing for me years ago still in service
Today

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration