Howdy all from Tecumseh, Ks!
Been busy again. Last week we worked on cleaning the front springs. This week we did some scout craft and braced a frame we'll use to rig a block and tackle to lift the engine.
The frame pic is a bit busy, so let me explain. Our work area is limited so there's a lot going on in a small space. The frame is a cart built to haul stage platforms. The base is made from 4 inch "C" beam with 2 inch steel pipe "legs". We used wooden tent, main poles and lashed them to the cart legs to give it more stability. The last puzzle piece is to place a 4x4 across the frame to hang the pulley.
We have a rolling dolly to hold the engine. The car is rolled forward into the frame. We'll lift the engine, roll the car backwards from underneath the engine, roll the dolly under the engine and there you go. I just hope it goes as smoothly as the plan.
Keep watching. We're getting closer to the rebuild every week.
Drive safely and be well,
Mark, Great set up to remove the engine. Just be sure to follow the old rule and keep all body parts, especially feet, from under anything swinging off of chains. If anything breaks loose it could mess up your day......week.....month....year!
PS- Have seen more than one Model T lean a bit to the drivers side. My 19 Touring had a huge list to the left. When you lube and reassemble the springs you may want to turn every other leaf in the opposite direction they were assembled to balance the assembly out. Then again if you did not keep track of the individual leaves when cleaning they will go back together randomly anyway!