Luray Pre War Swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Luray Pre War Swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 09:24 am:

FYI: Just about one month till the Pre War Meet in Luray VA. Who all is going? Let's make this a meet to go to. We need something on this side of the Miss river to go to. How about it guys? Hope to see you there. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 09:53 am:

I'll be a buyer there for sure Dan! Do not think I have anything worthwhile to sell.

Benji

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 09:55 am:

I'll be there again! Lovely place for early Ford and other parts swap meet in the Shenandoah Valley...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

Can't wait to meet some of you guys, last year was great for a 1st year, only to get better & better. I'll be there as a buyer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tomlinson on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

My father and I will be there as vendors. Mostly T parts with some A, early Chevy and misc. parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

I'll be there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 08:27 pm:

You are not listing any dates or pertinent information for those who don't know about this event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

May 19-21

www.mapwsm.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

We're going..! This year, my wife has mentioned driving the 15 down from our place in West Virginia. I should be able to make it there in about 3 hours in the T. Looking forward to it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

The Coil Doctor will be there along with TW timers and Dave's Restoration with transmission drums. Hope to see you all there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

I want to go up. Are there a lot of T and A parts? I need two good 26 fenders and a set of 29 A fenders. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

Tim: Go to the web site and see List of vendors so far. there are also pictures of last year. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike copperthite on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

Some year you should have us bring our truck and sell pie for whatever your designated charity is. www.cocopieco.com It would be a hit!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

Mike, please come down, if you're in Washington, it's not that far & we could have a pie eating contest! I love pecan pie!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 04:54 am:

I'm bringing a truck and trailer load of A an T parts. I see Smith and Jones are coming,they had a good display at Charlotte. I talked to some car guys in Luray a month ago and someone in Harrisonburg yesterday. ...they knew nothing about the swap meet.
We all need to post on Craigslist sites and Facebook car pages letting people know of this event.
Also there's a roadside BBQ stand across the highway that's VERY GOOD!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 08:36 am:

I will be at Luray.
If you ship your coils to me now for rebuilding I can deliver them to Luray thereby saving you the return shipping cost.
If you bring your coils to Luray and give them to me for rebuilding I will return them to you with no shipping costs.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mahlon hawker on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 12:12 pm:

I went over the ridge to the Luray meet last year. I have never enjoyed a meet as much as this one. Everyone was laid back, enjoying the beautiful weather and making all visitors feel like long lost friends. I was wishing for another meet in the fall. Real Southern Hospitality!

I didn't need any parts for my 3 T's or my A but still came back noticeably lighter in the wallet! This year I'm coming with more money!

So, if any of you reading this and are undecided whether to come, come! You won't be sorry!

Tony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

I picked up some nice T items today to bring. I have to remember there's a load of nice windshields for T's waiting for me to pick up.
Have 2 Aux. Transmissions coming also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

Take the time to come to Luray, Virginia.. May 19-21, for the Mid Atlantic PreWar swap meet. The Shenandoah valley is incredibly beautiful and you can make a full weekend out of the trip.

The Luray meet has potential like no other for forum members. It evolved out of an idea from the Shenandoah Valley Racket -"T"ers, club and is primarily for Model T parts. Plus, it comes at a lean time of the year when there is very little Model T activity. So it's perfect.

Although this meet is in it's infancy, it's already off to a fantastic start. We have about 30 vendors coming from 9 different states. We all know that Hershey started with only 8 vendors. Look what it became.

So come to Luray and be a part of the transformation as the meet evolves. The Shenandoah Valley Racket "T"ers look forward to seeing you there!

For more information, go to:

www.mapwsm.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Dan, looked on line and will be going. It looks good and we can't buy in good parts at our local swap meets.Unless something happens at work. Hope not!Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 06:47 am:

Only 3 more weeks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 08:18 pm:

Where is there to stay? Can you camp there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 08:09 am:

Don... Thanks for your interest. Log on to; www.mapwsm.com

On the home page, there is a button at the top right for Lodging. There is a campground within a few miles of the swap meet and there are also several hotel/motels that have lodging in the Luray area. Hope to see you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

Don... If your question about camping refers to Vendor Space. You can stay on site in your space.

Just to add to James comment

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 02:39 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 05:14 am:

Lot's of places to stay and eat at. I think tractor supply is close by if you need things. The Page county flea market is within 10 miles.Down on rt29 there plenty of Antique shops (man stuff)
I hit a big auction yesterday in Pa. So more goodies are coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 08:52 am:

Do many people camp on site?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

Don, I know of 3 vendors going to stay on site. Maybe more. We now have 34 vendors and 52 spaces sold. Going to be a great meet for Model T folks to find the parts needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

We also have Era Correct Women's and Men's clothing Vendor, Chuck & June Crane ( A Blast From The Past) setting up with a great selection to choose from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

Mike, Your pies will be welcome at our meet anytime. Let me know when you can attend. If not this year maybe next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

We are coming , there's three of us. Bringing lots of T stuff and some other. I still have to reserve a couple of spaces though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:52 am:

Don, You can find the registration form on the website www.mapwsm.com under the vendor section.
Thank you for your interest in the swap meet.
Dennis Fleming

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

Kudos to the organizers for "expecting" that all vendors will remain for the advertised length of the meet. Few things are more aggravating to would-be attendees than driving all night, getting a hotel room, etc., only to find that 90% of the vendors have packed up and left. Makes a meet look bad to advertise a three day event that turns out to be only two. Or less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 06:14 am:

R.V., Are you coming? You're only 300 or so miles away. piece of cake.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 06:44 am:

If anyone has any KRW tools for sale bring them.
Also looking for Pre War bicycles (skip tooth)
Also need a 17" Ford split rim for a 41 tonner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Chuck or June Crane of "A Blast From The Past", who are scheduled to be there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

A Blast from the Past contact ; 979-542-2590 or email flivverway@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

Already committed to our local meet this year, but next year for sure, Jim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

Ok you guys talked me into it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MNToys on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 10:43 am:

I'll be bringing a '13 Overland 69T, a '14 Model T touring, some brass parts, a bunch of headlight mirrors, a 12-rivet rear housing, some trans gears and drums, pans, heads, etc...

Also, for those interested, that Sunday, May 22, is the Horseless Carriage Club flea market up in Strasburg, PA. I'll be leaving Luray and heading north for that. It's about 3 1/2 hours away.

-Nick Rein
551 427 1593

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 08:27 pm:

Two weeks and counting....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

Need to post the swap meet information on
Car club council of va.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 08:22 am:

Hey Fred, Listed on the Car Club Council of VA.
Thank you for the suggestion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

Great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

Does anyone know if dogs are allowed on the grounds? I would hate to drive there from Ohio and find I can't bring my dog into the meet. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but this thread has gotten long and I didn't see it -- if you can only go one day, what is the best day to attend?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 07:31 am:

James.. pets are fine. It's just up to the owner to ensure they are kept in check.

Walter... All days are good, but as can be expected, Thursday or Friday offer a few more opportunities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Thanks James. I wasn't sure if on Thursday only a small percentage have arrived vs. Friday would be at full occupancy, etc. Also, I'm asking this recognizing this event is still in its infancy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Prus Sr on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

I will be there Friday only. Ill bring new 8 to 1 high compression heads, high volume outside oil line kits,siphon hoses and misc t parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Prus Sr on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

I will be there Friday only. Ill bring new 8 to 1 high compression heads, high volume outside oil line kits, siphon hoses and misc t parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 07:31 am:

Only one more week until the 2nd annual Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap meet! Hope to see you there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:33 am:

Cant wait to get there. Going to a swap meet local Saturday but normally not much for older cars. TIM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

TIM: Check your email, send you a PM. Dan.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration