Model TT Ruckstell oil

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model TT Ruckstell oil
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Magnus Wiberg on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 09:52 am:

I just restored and plan to install a TT Ruckstell rear end on my 1919 TT. Since I live in Sweden, I canīt find out what type of lubricant to use. Problem is We donīt have the same ways of identifying lubricants and oils, as you have in the US. So what Iīd like to know, is if someone out there could give me the european or EU standards, in SAE, and what type of lubricant I should look for to use; a hydralic oil? or a worm and gear oil or perhaps a transmission oil?
Someone once, to a forum question, suggested using a "140 weight Lubriplate", but no one here in this country can tell what that is.
Maybe someone can give the name of a Product that is internationally sold!
Thanks in advance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Try a good brand heavier Gear oil. The should have that for trucks and heavy equipment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 11:59 am:

85-90 SAE is close to what was used in the 1920's. The 140 SAE is only used for extremely hot climates. Look for this oil to be ok with Brass because there is quite a bit of Brass in the differential.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Paul on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 11:59 am:

Here's an old thread on the subject.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/327532.html?1355711752

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration