Restoring a 23-25 Tudor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Restoring a 23-25 Tudor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Laverne Buller on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

I'm restoring a Tudor that others had begun. The interior was totally gutted and whoever did it is not around. I obtained a complete upholstery kit from Cartouche. It's a superior product but the instructions are vague. I have gotten some help from them. At this point I have two questions. At the top of the door post there is a depression with 3 screw holes. Anyone know what attaches there?
Then there's the window. The rubber that wipes rain off the glass stands 3/8 inch away from the glass. What am I missing? I have found no literature covering this.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Laverne Buller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

As far as the windows are concerned it sounds like your missing the window channels. Are they still in there? Take a look at a parts vendors catalog and check out their door parts section. They may some pictures of the window glass channel or other related door and body trim and interior parts or rubber.
If you can do a search of the forum for 23-25 closed cars there has been several interior and body close ups of this era of T's over the years.

I have a 24 Coupe. The front portion of the body, windshield frame, front body pilliars and related parts are pretty much the same as the Tudor.

Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Laverne Buller on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

Thanx for the tips. I will do a search. I got new window wipes and they're the same as the old but softer rubber. The old ones were one of the few items left in the interior. The glass channels were also not removed. I could tell the old wipes and channels were in their original locations. So I'm mystified. I'm one who has to do everything myself. Only thing I had others do was valve grinding and powder coating the frame.
I will attempt a search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

On the 24-25 closed cars, the rubber which seals the bottom of the window is mounted in a metal channel which screws to the wood piece below the window - on the outside of the glass. The purpose is not to wipe the rain off the glass, it is to seal the bottom of the window so the water doesn't run down inside the body (theoretically at least). It doesn't touch the glass. When the window is in the up position, that rubber strip makes contact with the metal channel at the bottom of the glass to make the seal.
On the 26-27 cars, the seal is part of the rubber gasket that holds the glass in the channel When the window is up the rubber seal meets the body to form the seal.

I don't know what the depression with the 3 screw holes would be. Can you post a picture?

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Laverne Buller on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

I'll try to add the photo I took for that purpose but ran into trouble trying to attach it so I left it out. If I fail to get it attached it's an area about 4"x 1" by that's depressed about 1/8". It has 3 screw holes where something, (maybe some kind of bracket) was.
Well, it wouldn't accept my picture; too big a file.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 09:50 am:

I'm not exactly sure about the location of the 3 hole depression but could it have been a rear view mirrow bracket mount?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration