Selling my model ts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Selling my model ts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike dixon on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 07:37 am:

thinking of selling my three model ts. depot hack, roadster and coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 07:45 am:

Mike,

It might help if you post where you are located.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 08:07 am:

Mike,

There are lots of reasons we may decide to sell one or more of our cars. In some cases it is to provide funding for something we may want or even need more than the Model T. For one of our club members his arthritis continued to progress and it literally was a pain for him to drive his T. So he reluctantly sold it and donated his Model T library to the club.

If you do not have any emotional attachment to your Ts – then you can always purchase another T sometime in the future when/if circumstances improve. In my case – I’m emotionally attached to my Ts – they sort of helped raise me. (I never got stopped for speeding in a T). Other folks have lost storage (if I have to pay for storage that makes my hobby more expensive than if I have free storage in a garage at my house etc.). Other’s have moved to an area or perhaps the city moved out to them, and it is no longer safe to drive their T in the area they live. [Note to some of us – be sure our retirement location is “Model T Friendly”.] Plus there are many other reasons. But for any major decisions I recommend folks look at the pro’s, con’s and even “that’s interesting” for that decision. If the cars are stored in a way that they are not rusting / going down hill then you likely can sell them next year as easily as this year. Or you could keep your favorite one and sell the other two.

Whatever you decide, remember you are always welcome on the forum and meetings etc. Owning a T is not a requirement.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration