Differential support rod and brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Differential support rod and brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

I may have missed it but was there somebody that was going to make these units? Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 02:38 am:

Hi Colin. Tom Manocci is making them now. I have one of his pre-production ones on my '11 while he is working out the final details on the fit. He is waiting on me to try a piece he just sent, but I was at Bakersfield last weekend. I will be testing out this weekend and getting back to him. So hopefully they will be available soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 02:56 am:

Thank you for the info Gary Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philippe BROST, France on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 05:18 am:

The problem is that between rear axle, there are many "variations" in size. Where the brackets will go is not machined.
I made some for my 1914 touring and between right and left there was 0.04 difference in OD. If you want something that fit correctly, you will have to adjust the bracket to the housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 05:31 am:

correct. One of the things I did was provide measurements for a 6 rivet 1911 housing,, 1912 clam shell, 13/14 housings, a 15 housing and a Ruckstell housing. Thom used those to come up with sizing. They can be pulled snug when the 2 halves of the brackets are bolted together however if they are 2 tight they may require a bit of grinding. One of the things I need to try this weekend is moving the set from my late 11 with the clam shell to my 15 with a Ruckstell and see of the angle of the saddle is effected. Initially the delays were Thom getting his patterns correct; now the delay is me trying them on my car... If Thom doesn't mind I'll take some pictures when I'm fitting them and post them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

Model T Ranch
I think making rear axel truss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 12:49 am:

Saw an advo on FB T Club Site

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 06:38 am:

Here's an original. It loops around the center of the differential (red arrow) and has brackets at each outer axle tube for the piece of rod that runs underneath the axle. The rod is removed in this photo.

This is Mitch Owens 1910 touring:

Is this what is being made? If so I am interested.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration