What is the Correct horn 26-27 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What is the Correct horn 26-27 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 08:43 pm:

I have a horn on my 27 but I am not sure it's correct. I am going to buy a reproduction horn but need to know what horn brand is correct. Also if anyone has a pic the will help. I want to use the older horn I have on the 27 on my 26 roadsters. Thanks in advance. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

I believe Ford used his own horn and at some point a horn made by AMES. It had a set of double coils in it,otherwise was very much to same as the Ford horn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Mounts to the water inlet bolts. Bracket is special for '26-'27 only.

This is typical electric horn and bracket prior to '26.

You can find this style horn and change out the bracket with a new repro bracket.

This is the '26-'27 bracket on the elec horn.

Bracket change needed due to the engine mounted coil box.

This is the horn on the '25 and earlier with the regular head and water outlet mount bracket. Sets the horn a bit farther back too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration