O.T.- Honouring WW2 Military Men

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: O.T.- Honouring WW2 Military Men
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 03:10 am:

Monday April the 25th is ANZAC Day here in Oz and N.Z. It is a public holiday. There is a dawn service in most towns followed by a march past of ex-servicemen and women. A day to reflect on what our troops achieved in all wars from the Boer War onwards.

It is, therefore, rather pertinent that I came across this short video showing how some US WW2 survivors have been honoured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3P15s4zWNQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 07:15 am:

Thanks Dane. Touching.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

This video is fantastic, thanks for posting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 12:02 am:

Dane,

Thank you for the link. We owe so many so much for the freedom we enjoy.

Thankfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 06:28 am:

I still have a good friend Luther Tate, that fought in WWII, the Korean war, and in Vietnam, he will turn 94 this July. I love hearing his stories. He was a pilot and flew P51's during WWII , then flew right into the jet age. He once owned a P38 that he purchased for $1800 and that included two extra new engines. He's kinda thinking he shouldn't have sold that, and yes of course he has owned a few Model T's. Gary Sinise has and is doing wonderful things for our service men. Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 07:22 am:

Dane,
Anzac Day will be super special this year for me.
My 1916 Model T and my Dads old 1910 Model T will feature in a commemorative event recognizing the loss of 5000 lives of Aussie soldiers at the battle of Fromelles on the Western front in France. Some descendants of those that died at that horrible battle will join for breakfast prior to the Anzac day Football match. The Grandson and Granddaughter of the original owner of the 1910 Model T will see the car for the first time ever. Their uncle, the son of the first owner of the T, died at the battle of Fromelles. My 1916 T will serve as an example of the kind of first Model T that was sent to the Western Front in France as part of the 1st Australian Light Car Patrol. Stripped Down 2nd hand 1916 T's were used as observation and gunning vehicles. I will post a story and pictures after the event.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration