Action video 1910 T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Action video 1910 T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

Click here:

https://www.facebook.com/georgia.m.peterson/videos/10206546526243185/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

Congratulations on your new acquisition! Glad you pulled the upper windshield down before the trailer opening did it for you. :-)

Can't wait to see more pics once you get it home!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Link doesnt work for us non facebook guys :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

Here are some still photos from today. It's a great car, I am honored to be its caretaker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

Congratulations Royce. Nice touring car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 10:20 pm:

Look good Royce, if I drive up to Dallas will you let me drive it"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

John,

Of course!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Owen on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Beautiful car Royce! How does she run?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

Looks like you've lost your valve cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 11:10 pm:

Royce,

Congratulations! I know the car will be well taken care of and driven. That's great!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 11:19 pm:

Congratulations again, great find.
Are you planning on attending the 39th Annual Texas T-Party in Stephenville this year? If so....what car will you be bringing? We signed up and have a room. My wife's sister lives in Stephenville so we will get some family visiting in also.

Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

Like!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 01:03 am:

Very nice indeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 05:48 am:

I am interested to know how you think it runs and drives compared to your 1912? My Dads 1910 was always a pleasure to drive, heaps of torque, able to pull up any grades and cruised comfortably at 40mph. It still run a 2 piece timer, 5 ball carb and JB coils. I think the later the years got, the less peppy they got?? Do you agree? Congratulations on buying a beautiful example of a 1910. You got a great deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Dingler, Crowley Texas on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 05:52 am:

Congrats. Beautiful car. Can't wait to see it in person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 08:05 am:

Les,

I think the 1914 this year.

Warwick,

The earlier a T the less it weighs. The '10 has the higher compression ratio like the '12, so it has 22 horsepower like all the earlier cars.

The 20 horsepower rating we all know today came after Ford dropped the compression ratio and installed the milder cam shaft in 1913.

I am working on the 5 ball Kingston that I got from NZ - can't wait to see how well it works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 09:36 am:

Now that you shared from your wife people who are friends with you can see the video. Sweet running model t!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 11:06 am:

Looks like it has a '15 radiator. Have lots of fun, that's what it's all about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

I viewed this 1910 two hours ago in Minnesota. Royce was at the local swap meet in Cottage Grove at Polle'splace. A nice T. He has a great enclosed trailer to haul the 10 home. Royce's childhood home was Bloomington, MN and I knew him and his parents. Royce Sr. worked for Braniff Airlines, This is the first time I had seen Royce Jr. in a very long time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

Royce,

That 10 is lucky to have you to care for it. I know it is going to a good home and my hat is off to you. If it needs a place to rest on the long ride home, look me up. You can stay too :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 10:29 pm:

Very nice T congratulations!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 10:26 am:

Royce: Next time we get together, I want you to tell me all about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

Got it home tonight.

When I ran it at the previous owner's place it would run on three, sometimes four. If you switched to MAG it would quit.

I swapped out the 1912 Heinze coil box for a 1915 box that I rebuilt with a Fun Projects wood replacement kit. It has four metal top 1914 KW coils in it.

Took out the plugs, they were all sooty and fouled. Installed a set of Firestone Pulonium plugs gapped at .025".

It had a 1920 - ish Kinston L2 carburetor and heat stove. Took off the heat stove, installed a NH carburetor that I had rebuilt myself a while back.

The left rear tire would only hold air for an hour. The car has a full set of Goodyear tires, 30 X 3 in the Front and 30 X 3 1/2 in the rear. Replaced the tube on the left rear. The tire is soft and pliable, no cracks, and nearly all of its tread.

The car is transformed! It starts on one or two pulls, lots of free starts when warm. Runs fantastic on MAG. Transmission, clutch, brakes all excellent. I am going to clean and grease the timer tomorrow, and change the oil.

One other project, I measured the toe in on the front end. It has 1/4" toe out! Easy to fix, and it will not dart all over the road after I get done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland, Mn on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:29 pm:

That car went to a good home....congrats Royce! Any parts from the CG swap meet installed yet? I think I see one.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Good eye Jeff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 11:25 pm:

Beautiful car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 12:33 am:

You are mellowing in your old age Royce, fitting non-period parts to your new toy, just does't sound like you at all!!.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 06:22 am:

Fantastic car, Royce.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:35 am:

Tomorrow is going to be a great day! After you spend the day working on one of those horrible 2 piece timers you might finally agree with me why Henry changed the design after only such short time. You might consider removing the radiator first to really get a good look at that timer, or at least get one of those mirrors on an extendable rod so you can see it properly. Have fun trying to get that roller back on when you cant get your fingers in and cant see what you are doing! If the timer is not in nearly new condition it wont be long before all the nice hot engine oil finds its way in and dissolves your grease and shorts out all that brass!Very nice for short tours, but if you plan to tour any serious miles you will be looking at modifications! When you get around to fitting the right carb, that is another thing to get your head around. Those 5 balls really are a pest but can be made to work really well if you work at it!
Have fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:35 am:

Frank,

The NH is temporary. I am working on a Kingston 5 ball that came from Simon Bayley in NZ. I bit more fettling and it will be ready to install. In the process of changing the RH Drive throttle arm to the US version today.

The 5 ball is supposed to be the most powerful of all the stock T carburetors of any year. I hope to be able to prove that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

Royce, any new developments? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 09:58 am:

Mark,

Mostly working on details to make the car operable without silly things happening and safe in traffic.

The fuel system had some sort of a valve from an old gas heater. It leaked badly when shut off because the packing was gone and it was installed backwards. I installed a modern stainless ball valve.

Then I installed a brass accessory STOP lamp, which required a stop lamp switch mounted to the underside of the rear front floor board.

Russ Furstnow rebuilt a nice Stewart #24 speedometer for me so I could tell how fast I am going. Checked it against a speed zone radar sign, it is nearly dead on, reading about 32 MPH when the radar says 35. I also installed a teens era switch on the dash to control the halogen headlamp conversion kits.

I had to take apart the BOREAS windshield hinge mechanism and reverse all the gear positions. If you watch the video you can see me folding the windshield rearward as I am driving into the trailer. This seemed OK until I started driving the car around the neighborhood. Turns out the mechanism won't hold the windshield up unless it is assembled to fold forward.

There is always more to do. I have the original Jacobsen Brandow coils being rebuilt by RV Anderson, and am working on finding a complete set of Brown lamps for the car. Today I have the rear axle out of 904 for the third time trying to fix a leak.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 10:11 am:

Looks great, thanks for the update! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration