Not Tís ; But Nice!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Not Tís ; But Nice!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 09:33 am:

http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/cto/5552301031.html

http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/cto/5552307201.html

http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/cto/5552294047.html

Two Chryslerís and one Hudson in NW Iowa.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Glad I live nowhere near them. I sure don.t need to be tempted with another old car. Two Ts is plenty. The Hudson was a very good car in its day I've been told. The Chryslers were fine autos. Glad I don't live in Iowa.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 10:05 am:

That Chrysler sure is sweet looking

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 10:10 am:

I always liked Hudson, and have heard they were a good car too. The price seems good for an HCCA qualifying strong car. Especially if it's as straight as it looks in the photo.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

I think the Hudson is a 1916 model, and therefore may or may not qualify for HCCA. They like a lot of cars ran a bit off calendar at that time and brought the '16 model out early. I know of several people using '16 Hudsons as their primary tour car. They are great cars by the way, and that one looks cheap at the price. All three cars look like really good deals for what they are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Looks like an estate sale judging by the descriptions: "ran when parked years ago."
Can't say I like the '25 Chrysler's interior, it just doesn't look right. The Hudson though, 7 passenger touring, you can take a whole party places with all that seating!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Well my dad and I bought the Hudson. We have known about these cars for a long time and didn't want it to slip away. If anyone knows anything about these cars or knows of part stashes please let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 06:55 pm:

Neat Hudson, Ned. What horsepower is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin in Katy Texas on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

A friend of mine has a '29 Desoto Model K 4 door sedan. Has a straight six. I think he said Desoto became Chrysler... That car sure looks very similar to his.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Myers_____Pittsburgh, PA on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

I passed a Hudson yesterday and had no idea what it was - didn't recognize the radiator emblem. Now I do. Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

Ned: Glad to hear you bought the Hudson. I have a 36 Hudson coupe, suicide doors, with a rumble seat. Nice cars. Congratulations. Now someone needs to buy the Chrysler coupe - looks good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

I believe it is 54 horse. (The big one).

I will have to race Rob and Tim on the pretours for New London to New Breighton to see how it compares with the K's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Ned, congrats.....

Many years ago I was in Lincoln NE when the Great Race participants made their evening stop. At the time I had one old car, and was just getting into the hobby. There were several Hudsons and Essex on the tour, and I asked one of the participants why? He said they had really strong engines including strong bottom ends (crankshafts and mains).

I also met a fellow driving a Model T. His name was Ralph.....

Rest in peace, old friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

Oh man, his passing has left a big hole in the T Continuum. What a guy!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration