Starter bendix bolts and washers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Starter bendix bolts and washers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 11:31 am:

The bolts for the starter bendix in my '23 look to be home made from hardware store items with no washers. I ordered the new bolt and washer kit from Snyder's, but I am not sure how the new bolts and washers are assembled to the bendix. Which way does the tabs on the washer go? Does the flat one get bent after tightening the bolt?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

The bent one goes in the slot at the end of the spring loop. Tighten the bolt and bend the flat tab back over the bolt to lock it in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/249113.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 12:57 pm:

Earlier posted photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

John, Mark and Dan,

Thanks for the pictures and help. I didn't find the pictures when I did a Google search. I should be good to go on the club outing tomorrow. Progressive dinner, this club loves to eat. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

Make sure the bolts don't drag on the can. The new ones now are supposed to be the correct head thickness but in the past they were too thick and would drag on the can.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration