Drive shaft open Spool Bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Drive shaft open Spool Bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 11:35 am:

Well I hate to ask a DUMB question.

What is the size and the TPI Size 7/16th and the thread count of 14 TpI or 16 TPI?

I know some one is going to ask where did he come from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 11:52 am:

It's a really odd size, so it isn't a stupid question.

13/32"-16 tpi will work, but here's a thread where one guy says the thread actually was a then used standard thread called #26-16 with 0.398" diameter, so 13/32=0.406" is close enough?
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/91567.html?1242128101

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 02:09 am:

Bill: If you need a set I have plenty of them including the open spool and nuts.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:51 am:

There are two head sizes on those. The early ones are 5/8". The late ones are 9/16", which is way easier to put a wrench on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:58 am:

If you have the open spool type there is only one size nut ie 5/8. Larry is correct on the closed type the 9/16 is much easier to get a socket on and is the only one I will use. I even some times use the 9/16 on the open spool because its is so much easier to use my air ratchet. Any way I have all three types if you need them.

picture

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration