Need Information on C Cab

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Need Information on C Cab
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 11:41 am:

I have a 24 C Cab mounted on a standard T frame, not a TT. Did they come this way or is this a after thought. I have seen pictures of others this way but would still like some history. I have seen both worm rear end and standard on regular chassis, one listed recently on ebay had worm rear end. Does anyone have any information on the C Cab after market metal from Lang's? Where is the best place to buy it, if you can get it. Lang's said could be months to get it. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

All C cabs were mounted on TT frames. All of them also had worm drive rear ends. Any C cabs that are on a standard frame have been done after the fact. The advantage of having one on a standard chassis is that it is more usable than a slow moving TT chassis.

The sheet metal from Lang's comes from Howell's in Texas. The best way to buy it is to call Howell's directly and ask if he physically has the parts on the shelf (if they answer the phone). Many of the parts are only made once a year before Chickasha swap meet. The fit of it depends on the part. The cowl side panels don't have the right curvature and take some modification to get them right. The door skins are actually pretty good but still require a fair amount of work to get them right. The floor braces are also good. Most of the other flat metal like the rear quarter panels and back panels I made for mine so I can't say how those fit from Howell's. Others may have more information. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

I don't think the C-cab body or the TT rear axle was ever put on a standard car chassis by Ford - but it's 90+ years since Ford owned the parts, so anything can have happened afterwards - even early on, during the years of regular use.

Lang's source for sheet metal is most likely Howell's, and it can often take a long time until delivery if it's a part that isn't on their shelf - maybe they wait for a number of orders until they make a batch. To be sure of fast delivery you have to order through ebay, if they have it there, then it's on the shelf. (they don't want to get negative feedback there)
http://stores.ebay.com/09-40-Ford-Sheet-Metal?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

I wrote this above a while ago, did some other stuff then posted, and now I see Justin had given good answers already :-)

(Message edited by Roger K on April 24, 2016)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration