T217 Front Radius Ball Cap What are the earlier and later Style Differences ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: T217 Front Radius Ball Cap What are the earlier and later Style Differences ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

I've seen some adds for early front radius ball caps. What's the difference between the early and later styles, and years used? Any pictures? Iam working on a 14 and a 13, so would like to know what to use for the correct period part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

You'll need the 'earlier' style. It's quickly differentiated from the later style because it attached to the pan with braze and 2 rivets whereas the later style use 4 rivets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

early ones have no reinforcement on the cap 1909 was stamped steel, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

So these are the ones I have on my parts bins. The reinforcement you talk about Bob, is that like the one on the bottom of the photo with the ford script? So the top one on the right would be the earlier one? The top left looks similar to the right but has some subtle reinforcement ribs like the bottom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

yes top right is 1911-13-14,Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 10:05 pm:

Thanks Bob, lucky find I made then!

What about the upper left, it looks like between the right and bottom. It has no ford script.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:54 am:

Be sure to file the cap so you get a nice fit on that ball.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration