1918 center door engine removal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1918 center door engine removal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

Can I get my engine out without removing the firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

I have an 18 centerdoor and I just finished reinstalling the motor. I hesitently had to unbolt the firewall, remove the coilbox cover and the coils and just raise the firewall enough to clear. The biggest issue is clearing the pedals. Even same year cars, same models can differ so go slowly and keep an eye on everything inside and out so you don't damage anything in the process. Good luck. Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:07 am:

Thanks Frank,it came out without moving the firewall but I dont think it will go back in without moving it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:26 am:

I have a 1919 C-door. The firewall was bad, so had to replace it. But had to pull the engine again after the new firewall was installed. So I did pull the firewall again, like Frank, loosen enough to clear. Didnít want to damage the new firewall by forcing the engine back in.

Old Firewall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

The 1926 engine went right in without the firewall removed,looks like everything fits .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration