Brass inside mirror can anyone identify

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Brass inside mirror can anyone identify
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 02:12 pm:

Brass inside mirror can anyone identify
found this nice solid brass cast mirror bracket with steel clips to hold the mirror
appears to be for a closed car brass era
notice the angle of the bracket, thank you for the help, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 08:56 am:

Bob, in your last photo, the leg on the left of the bracket appears to be bent forward further than that on the right. This would indicate that the mirror was made to suit a RHD vehicle. Perhaps you should just get rid of it by posting it to me. It would look good on the front top bow of my new roadster.

Allan from down under

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 09:12 am:

Thank you it is on t bay as of yesterday,Bob

eBay item number:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

I do agree with Allan that it appears to be a mirror bracket for a RHD vehicle. Thought that earlier, but didn't post about it.
Bad part, is the angle doesn't appear to be adjustable, better pick the mounting spot carefully! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 09:00 am:

No it is left hand, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:02 am:

upside down might work for rhd, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

the front side pictures are an optical illusion, apparently. I don't see any clear way for the mirror holder to securely clamp down on the mirror, interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

I have never seen another one, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

On second look Bob, your second photo does show the right side leg offset more than the left, making it for use on LHD cars.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration