Old Photo - Mc Phail Fuel Company Tanker Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Mc Phail Fuel Company Tanker Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:03 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:42 am:

Is it just me, or does this truck look a little funny .... like the fenders don't come over the
wheels quite far enough and the headlights are too high/radiatior a tad low ??? Perhaps
pre-box cab front sheetmetal mated to a later box cab ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:42 am:

Notice the Ford battery box under the door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:49 am:

I think Burger is right about the fenders. Take a close look at the front axle. I'm pretty sure that's some sort of aftermarket drop axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:51 am:

Looks like the tank is fully loaded

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Really cool picture! We could see it is a home made custom truck...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim york, Boise Id. on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 11:02 am:

Interesting truck, I like the dropped extra heavy front axle and the PTO drive for the pump on the running board. Is this one of the truck extension frames because of the rear of the frame looks to be chanel and are the rear springs parallel above the radius rods? That truck was purpose built for this job. Thanks for posting it. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Never seen a lowered TT before!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 11:39 am:

Just make sure the pump isn't running when you step out of the door. With no sprocket guard that could grab a loose pant leg! OSHA would be in a twitter :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration