Who's good at making a new '26 roadster top?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Who's good at making a new '26 roadster top?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph W. Rudzik on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 11:55 am:

Due to original equipment failure last year in a strong Kansas prairie storm, a top broke and the top was torn along the seam on the wife's side. Shes was a mad wet hen. They just don't build anything to last.
I'm hoping a local upholstery shop can sew it back together, but if not, who is good to go to for a new top? We have the roll-up back curtain and we both like it, but everyone I call wants to sell the solid curtain only. Got this top from a vendor in New Jersey about seven-years-ago, but I think he has retired.
Hope I can get a new name. Thanks in advance.

Joe R. Independence, Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

Contact Classtique Upholstery and tell them what you want, they will make a top kit to your specifications. They made a custom set of side curtains for my '24 cut-off touring based on a sketch with dimensions that I sent them. :-)

http://www.classtiqueupholstery.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 01:38 pm:

Amish tarp shop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

I would concur with Mark that Classtique is the place to go. Mike Francis will work with you to make what you want. Or if you are replacing the whole top they have complete top kits.

It sounds like you probably got your current kit from the JV Group. They were a class act and did great work, and also had some excellent installation videos. Unfortunately that all went away when the owner died.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration