Top Bow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Top Bow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 05:26 pm:

What is the length of the wooden top bow between ends of the metal top irons on 26 Roadster?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Jim,
Which bow, rear, center or front--I THINK they are all a little different--the center one at least is a little shorter, AFAIK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

Guess I need all. I think my wood bows may be to long which spreads the top irons to much. They were assembled 30 years ago but never installed the top material.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 06:11 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/183704.html?1295291207

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

My front is 36 1/2". That's same as the old post. My center and rear are 35 3/4". If they should be the same, then I think this is good enuf. There wasn't a length for the rear bow in the old post, just 35 1/2" for the middle bow. Instructions with the top kit are not great. Thanks all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Maybe I don't understand the question but all four bows fold down into one pile when stored down so they must all be the same width.
I thought the width was 54 inches.
What don't I understand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

I was asking re the length of the horizontal wood bow between the irons (not including the portion of the bow inserted into the end of the top iron). That was included in the 2011 post. I will call Langs tomorrow and have them verify the measurements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

Tony, the center bow has the pads on both sides, so it's a little shorter. They will still stack on top of each other. Dug through my files for the '25 Roadster.

Wish I could find the dimensions of my bows before they were taken apart, that's when I realized they aren't all the same length.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wegman on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 09:56 am:

I have an opportunity to buy an unassembled C Cab truck. It consists of 2 sides, back and bottom. No top. Does anyone have photos of top assembled before covering? Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration