Bakersfield Heads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bakersfield Heads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 09:49 am:

This was my favorite space at Bakersfield this year...a great collection of heads. Others seems to think so too as there are other photos taken.
Anyway, one head in particular caught my attention. It appears to be a Rajo BB with unusual truncated combustion chambers. What is it?heads
This one in particular
head

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Brown on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:19 am:

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the seller? Please PM me thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:38 am:

That doesn't look like a Model T head bolt pattern. Are you sure it's from a T???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:42 am:

Most likely a B head that had the chambers welded up, as the seats appear to be fresh as well. At one point it was possible to get really nice head welding done in So Cal for relatively few $$$$.

Dan- I sent you a PM with the owners contact info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:47 am:

It was model T, appeared to be an unfinished casting. Owner's name is Sherman. This is the guy that had the Mercury speedster at Bakersfield discussed in earlier threads, you may be able to find his contact info that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 11:05 am:

If it's for a Model T, it's missing at least one bolt hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 11:06 am:

It must also take a special piston because a Model T piston will hit those flat areas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

Jerry if you look at Marks Rajo head in the classifieds, it doesn't have holes there either since the spark plugs go there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 01:13 pm:

Well, I'll be darned. How about that. Thanks Seth!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 11:34 pm:

Notice it has also been surfaced pretty close to the spark plug holes. He had several heads that had had a rough life. Kinda matched the Mercury he was selling.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:06 am:

For those of California who remember Carl Schmid of Stockton...this stuff reminds me of his great collection that lived in his walnut orchard. It sure had a rough life too. What happened to all of that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:39 am:

I was intrigued by that head also. It appeared to be one of the Klemmer reproduction with the cylinders modified during the casting process to increase compression. Of course it will require a special piston to be used. I believe this to be the case because they had other areas which still needed to be machined. Very unlikely that RAJO would have offered a cylinder head in such an unfinished state.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 11:54 am:

I believe I have the hi comp pistons and several other sets. Photo wouldn't stick to this message.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration