OT? - Barnfind '32 V-8

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT? - Barnfind '32 V-8
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Still neat!
http://www.powernationtv.com/post/1932-ford-v8-flathead-original-barnfind-first- run-after-50-years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

Would really be special if it still had the original '32 motor. The one in the car is '37 or later. Still nice however.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 04:12 pm:

Back in the late 60s a lady drove into the Ford Agency in Dunsmuir (Ralph Rodley motors--funny I still remember that) in her '32 Model B coupe wanting to trade it in on a newer car. Ralph snapped that coupe up quick! I saw it in his home garage some years later (about 1967). I often wonder what became of that time machine after he died. Probably became a hot rod, his kid was into stuff like that. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 04:22 pm:

It's cool all right. I think that guy came out of the garage a little hot for my taste if in fact that was the first run in 50 years. I would have been a little more cautious until I had a chance to see how well the brakes work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 06:39 pm:

That's a mid to late 1930 De Soto bumper on the front. A 37 or 38 but I don't remember which.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 07:08 pm:

It's a 24-stud engine in it. Sort of like having a 1919 Model T engine in a 1909. Similar plus and minus issues.

A 21-stud would make it look right and if it ever got in my shop I have an extra one and a stable mate to keep it company. Nice body.

He's been driving it around for a while but the story sounds good anyway.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

Hi Frank, My all original 1932 2dr has the same exact bumper. It must be the right one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

That's a great car with any flathead. I would baby it not be so rough. It's just to cool. It needs nothing!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

my dad had one of the first 32 v8's in chicago it had a serial no under 1000 he was a mesinger for Grigsby-Gruno and had a crowd around it when ever he parked people would open the hood to see the eng. the company put a radio in it for demo. that car had one also the two covers on rear floor were for the geny-motors maybe same car. I have the original single barrel carb and man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 11:51 pm:

I've been trying purchase a 32 3 window that's been sitting in a garage for 40 years at least, the owner is not ready to let it go yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

A 21 stud would make it closer to right if it had the water pumps on the heads instead of the block.
The 32 v8 was a one-year engine, the casting was different around the water pump area.
'32 and 33 used a one-barrel carb. A Detroit lubricator carb.
The air filter on that car may be from a
'51, judging by the color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 07:31 am:

It does look like it had the motor generator radio. My 32 has the rectangles in the floor but they were never cut out and this car looks like they were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 07:54 am:

Front motor mounts are year only '32. The 21-stud that is often seen in a '32-'36 Ford is the '37 block, a year only block. Much easier on the wallet than the early '36 and back. Main difference is 4 to 7 thousand $.<grin>

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 09:49 am:

Bob Peterson, you are correct. The 37 De Soto has five ribs and the 32 Ford has only three. The De Soto bumpers were favorites on Ford cars in the late 40's

ribs

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration