OT I think "What is It"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT I think "What is It"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

I've tried all the other Forum's I subscribe to. So I'll try here also. It's 24" long, 3/4" square, and has 3 scales per side. 9 , 10 , 11 on one side, 12 , 13 , 14 on another, 15 , 16 , 17 on another, 18 , 19 , 20, on another. all the divisions are per foot. ( like the 19 has 19 divisions in the foot length up to 38 for the whole length ) I'm thinking it's a one of a set because the only other marking is " New York " the maker would be on another piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 04:12 pm:

Edit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 04:42 pm:

Ok,
I'll give it a try.
Scale ruler, for drafting or pattern making????
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 04:45 pm:

Measuring stick for fuel oil tank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

Of course I'm guessing but I think Kevin is on the right track. I'm thinking its for making patterns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

Ah...such a neat find, that is ancient measure for counting Cubits....

Cubit measuring rod.
Cubit is based on the forearm length from the middle finger tip to the elbow bottom. Cubits have been used up to Early Modern Times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 05:53 pm:

Nick,
Definitely handy if it begins raining really, really hard in North Carolina!!!!!!!
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 07:16 pm:

Lumber measure?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration