Just sharing a photo from the weekend

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Just sharing a photo from the weekend
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

88 mile drive out in Wales UK

Some challenging hills up and down tested my driving more down than up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 06:51 pm:

Very cool! What are speed limits in Wales on 2 lane paved roads? Are other drivers there kind to slower autos or do you get the angry stare? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

60mph limit, most people are pretty good, normally get many more waves and smiles, probably thinking were mad!!

I tend to be quite sensible letting drivers past if I start to have a small q or roll into and back out of lay-bys works well, and works both ways I guess if I was doing my day job I'd hate to be stuck behind a slow car.

What happens more often than not is they then slow down as curious about the T. I have been stopped for a chat more than once !

Classic/vintage cars are not for everyone but Wales tends to be a little more laid back, especially in the more rural mid areas, where we are 😀

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

TT,

It looks like you are having a great time! You can see the country better at the slower speeds and you can meet many new friends along the way.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 01:40 am:

I love it, owned her for a year now, she will never be a museum piece, so used and enjoyed.

Imo it's about as useable as you can get for a vintage car, just need another one now to go with it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Hayns on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 05:46 am:

We did our first rally (tour) at the beginning of this month from Winslow in Buckinghamshire UK approximately 100 miles. Previous maximum distance I had driven was 10 Miles
Learnt masses and met many kind knowledgable people.
We ran out of petrol on first steep hill ! ( learnt about keeping more petrol in the tank) and got a puncture but had a terrific time.

I have replaced Holley G with a NH and feel better power now.

Next rally early June by which time I hope to have body painted. And be a little better driver.

Great enjoyment. Good company, kind and helpful people.

If of interest I could post some images of the T's that were on the rally.

Andrew (in the UK)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 07:17 am:

Hi Andrew

I missed that one that was the April Fools meet I'm on the register, I may be coming to the event in June even if only to meet a few people, I'm working around these date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 07:40 am:

TT: I was told at one time wherever you go in a "T" you are in a parade and wherever you stop it is a car show. :-) I often look out and see the passenger of another car taking a video with their "Smart Phone" I Also have a hard time getting in line at the Ice Cream store because everyone walks over to my car when I pull in. Have fun it is a great hobby :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 05:03 pm:

April Fools run was great fun, but after 70 miles on Saturday my motor seized at the afternoon stop - I'll post that story elsewhere. Like TT I try not to let a queue build behnd me, general experience here is people are tolerant on weekends but if you are in their way when they are trying to earn a living, they can lean on you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 04:06 am:

Oh Jem, seized engine not good especially early on in the season

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

We actually got featured in a UK magazine 'classic car buyer' and picture of us on front cover, OK it's s small picture, but brought a smile to my face. One of our members wrote a post and it got published 😀

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration