Value for swap meet sale?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Value for swap meet sale?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

I'm lugging a bunch of stuff down to the Red Deer, Alberta swap meet this coming weekend.

Most are smaller and/or non-T items and I'm fine pricing them on my own. However, I'm at a bit of loss about FMV for these two items...

The gas tank appears solid and missing the cap. FMV and fits what years?

The front and rear bumpers came off a '26 touring, include all the bracketry and are pretty straight.

Thanks in advance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:43 pm:

My Australian prices are not much use, but all those bits are available from the vendors. I would think half the catalog price would be more than fair, perhaps more for good originals.

Others may disagree.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

The bumpers are very nice. In 1957 I paid $15 for a similar set. Accounting for inflation, those bumpers ought to bring at least $200. If the inside of the gas tank is good, maybe $40 a plus another $20 for the sweet potato.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 11:48 pm:

Ted, that seems logical, but these are aftermarket bumpers, I'd expect to see them around $100 starting price, and be willing to drop it.
But then, What do I know? Prices are for 'round these parts, might be totally different where you live!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 12:01 am:

If the sediment bulb is cast iron, it's likely the tank is from 1916-1920.
http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/F-H.htm#ft1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 07:13 am:

Thanks all -- much appreciated.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration