Why don't these listers do a little research before listing something?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Why don't these listers do a little research before listing something?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:25 pm:

This has to be one of the best/worst I've seen in a while. At least he's not asking a fortune for it. Does anyone know what it is? I do. I have one and use it regularly in the winter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231924586520?item=231924586520&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

I have used a coal stove also Fred! grate shaker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

The three main parts of a stove are; lifter, leg and poker!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Calabrese on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

Is it a damper lever for a wood stove?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 08:31 pm:

Then when you're done shaker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

I hope the person who buys this crank handle has an easy starting T, or i can see some mighty big blisters in his future. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

Now now. Maybe it once rode in a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

When I saw it, I thought the same as Dave, a damper lever.
So the guy who has it for sale is not to smart on Model "T"s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

Mike - it took me a while, but I finally figured out your post. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

I sent the seller a note. The person who answered said she found it in her late husband's treasures and someone told her it was for a Model T. She thanked me for pointing out it wasn't for a Model T. Twice! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

His other items are all women stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

Fred, it's all in how you read it.

As I recall the tool in question was used on the old cook stoves. There was a square hole in the end of it that slid over a shaft that was attached to the grates in the bottom of the firebox. By mounting the tool on the shaft and shaking it back and forth the wood ashes could be shaken through the grates into a chamber under the grates. From there they were shoveled into a bucket and carried out. If you carried the ashes out and dumped into the outhouse hole it would help decay the "matter" that was built up in the hole. It was best to dump it when the hot coals had died out because Dad hated digging holes and building outhouses.

As well you should know the three main vegetables in the garden are lettuce, turnip and pea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 09:15 am:

My mother-in-law would tell her kids they had to finish dinner. They had to eat every carrot and pea in the bowl.
Ba da dump.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration