Wanted to show off some bodywork on my Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wanted to show off some bodywork on my Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

I decided to dive in head first into the restoration of my 1926 Coupe. I took an auto body course at my local community college and I've been working on repairing some issues- here's a few shots of some work on one of the rear fenders.

Rear Fender

Rear Fender 2

Obviously still a long way to go, but I am enjoying learning some new skills and doing it all the right way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

How did you repair the holes in the fender? Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

Whoever is teaching you is doing a good job.
But a good teacher can't do much with a bad student.
I think you're going to ace that course!
Nice werk........ :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

Tim- I welded them up and carefully ground the weld back down to the fender surface. It's not quite perfect but with a bit of filler it will not be noticeable

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 12:10 am:

Michael,

It is looking good!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration