Floor Mat for my 1915 Run-about

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Floor Mat for my 1915 Run-about
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SID KHONA on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

Dear Friends,

Can anyone of you please suggest where can I find the rubber floor mat for my 1915 Roadster? The present one I have is quite faded and need to replace it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 03:53 am:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3624E.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 05:18 am:

SID,
Is you Roadster Right Hand Drive ?

Best regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 06:46 am:

Bob Trevan in Australia has made RHD 1915-23 floor mats: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/127888.html?1281367337

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 08:50 am:

The 1925 roadster interior floor is larger than the earlier ones. I had to make my own to get a good fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

Ford did offer a floor mat for the '25s. Don Snyder isn't interested in making them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SID KHONA on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 12:52 am:

No John my Roadster is a left hand drive and import from USA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 11:09 am:

Ford continued to supply the same floor mat in 1915 that was used on earlier years. The later style did not come from Ford until about 1919.

Here is a Ford factory photo of a brand new '15 showing the white rubber early style floor mat then in use:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 11:49 am:

Here is the link to the Langs part that would have been original in 1915.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3624DW.aspx

The same shape was made in black perhaps as early as 1916, and the early shape was continued probably until 1919.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

Old photographic equipment had a hard time showing the correct color of rubber parts. Maybe the lighting when this picture was taken made the floor mat look whiter than it actually was.. Many times it was the other way around, the white sides on many 1916-23 tires are rarely seen clearly in period photographs, the dividing lines between white and black rubber are usually hard to see:

18 t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

Roger,

Here is a photo of an all original very late 1914 I took last week. It has its original white floor mat. Compare this to a photo of an original 1914 in the Ford executive garage.

The photo is accurate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Nice :-)
Yep, maybe the '15 cars also had white mats?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration