OT Aunt Betty and the Fish - a painting

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Aunt Betty and the Fish - a painting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 10:54 am:

My Aunt Betty grew up in a fishing family in the teens. They had a lot of good fishing pretty much to themselves in those days compared with today. West Yellowstone MT. is close to the Madison River. Grampa traded in the '15 T for a 1918 Buick. The family was growing. This and the Test Bench are all I managed to paint this Winter.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:04 am:

Very nice Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:06 am:

Just like an old hand colored photo. Nice :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Like!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:20 am:

Roger, speaking of the hand colored photos, here is one my Grandfather had made probably in the 20's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:26 am:

Another wonderful painting Richard. Thanks for sharing it with us. Galen West - Halfway,Or.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:30 am:

Beautiful

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:36 am:

Richard,
Your colored paintings/photos are always a pleasure to see. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:52 am:

Grand dad did a lot of fishing in the Park. He supplied fish for some of the hotels. One day while he was fishing President Wilson's limousines pulled up. The President started putting on his fishing gear. One of the Secret Service agents walked over. "Mr. Eagle, the President would like to catch some fish. Can you show us a good spot?" Grampa tried to help. The agents visited but Wislon had no luck. Eventually they packed up and left. Catching another fish Grampa climbed up the bank to put it in his creel. To his surprise the other fish he had caught were not there.
A day or two later the Bozeman newspaper had a front page picture of Wilson and the wonderful fish he had caught in Yellowstone Park.
I wasn't there but Grampa and the family love to tell that story.
Glad you liked the painting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

Richard, another really nice painting. I really admire your work and your talent.

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Richard,

Beautiful painting. Thank you for sharing you wonderful talent and part of your story.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

Richard - Your artistic talent is amazing! You are one of many "T-guys" on the forum that I'd like to meet some day, and in your case, I'd like that to be where and when I could see a lot more of your work. Interestingly, that could be Model T restoration, art work, metal work, etc, etc, and not necessarily in that order! Again, your skills are certainly "varied" and amazing,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

Richard,
Again a great painting. I really appreciate your depictions of such a great time in American history.
Thanks again,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

neat stuff as usual Richard. When I was a kid, that's the type of creel we all used. We must have had a half-dozen of them. Don't know what happened to them, they used to be in one of the resort storage buildings, but long gone now. Now they're "antiques" !!! Augh, I'm NOT that old!!!
Yes, the bamboo rods are gone too. . . :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

Thank you Richard for allowing us to see another of your paintings.
All of the above comments are what I was thinking.
You are a wonderful talent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

Richard, ALL OF THE ABOVE MY FRIEND AND MORE!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration