1926 Bed on 1923 Runabout

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1926 Bed on 1923 Runabout
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Montreuil on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

Guys/Gals,

My wife and I recently just purchased our first Model T and it came with a plethora of parts and one thing that it came with that we want to use is a 1926 early (forward stake) bed. The car's bed has already been extended to accommodate the steel bed.

So I have removed the rear fenders and brackets and have the bed centered up and mocked up. Upon just mocking up the '23 rear fenders by hand and no brackets. They will not line up to the holes on the running board and splash shield due to the contour of the fender/the 1-3/4 extension on the bottom of the bed. I have already ordered the '25 mounting bracket setup that was told would help with this problem; however, It seems to me that there is a lower riveted bracket that's the 1-3/4 inch that would make up the difference to get the fenders to line up.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

Welcome to the forum! Can you post some pictures of your mockup attempt?

Be aware that there is a file size limit of around 240K for pictures posted to this forum. There are many applications for re-sizing pictures, here is one way:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431838921

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Montreuil on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Will do when I get home...the easiest way to try to explain it (without pictures) is that the inner fender that curves in towards the center of the car that bolts to the splash shield makes contact with the bed. Pictures will be up tonight!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration