Replacement head gasket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Replacement head gasket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gida Wilkinson on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

Hi

I posted a previous thread and appreciate the help on reinstalling the head gasket etc.

I have read a number of thread and seems coating the new copper gasket with copper spray makes sense. However I'm am struggling to get this in the UK, is their an alternative recommended, I have come across some head gasket cooper sealer and comes in a tube guess if I smear on lightly this would do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

Silver paint works well if you don't have access to the copper coat spray.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 03:19 pm:

CRC is a well known brand in most of Europe.
They have a copper spray. I use their stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

From eBay in the U.K.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VHT-SP21A-COPPER-GASKET-CEMENT-FOR-CORK-PAPER-METAL-GA SKETS-/381236789767

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gida Wilkinson on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

Jerry well spotted, been looking just would not come up! Impressive, now ordered hopefully arrive on Friday 😀

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration