Carb year used

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Carb year used
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

anyone know what year this kingston 5 ball was used? it has serial number 121499 stamped on it.

thanks
stu clipsoncarb year used

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 04:43 pm:

I don't have any info on the serial number, but the carburetor looks like the one shown for early production (no choke) 1909 in the encyclopedia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 04:45 pm:

It was used on 1909 to mid 1910 Model T's. Mid year in 1910 the intake was placed at an angle with an added choke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

thanks gentlemen....you just never know what you will find in an antique mall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

It is missing the mushroom flame arrestor but still very nice. At least a $900 carburetor as is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 12:33 am:

Let me guess. Nobody at the antique mall had any clue what it is, and it sold for a fraction of what it's worth. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 06:34 am:

no steve , they didn't give it away but wasn't $900 either. its nothing i can use but looks good on the shelf for now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 07:51 am:

does anyone have dimensions of the mushroom flame arrestor and pipe they could share? i would like to make them so that the carb is complete. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 08:21 am:

They came in different sizes. The one you have looks smaller than those that fit a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 08:34 am:

richard

what came in different sizes, the carb? this one is identical to the one on my 1911 with the exception of the lack of drain petcock and hot air tube.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 09:10 am:

interesting also is that the ball retainer caps are numbered on the carb where as my 1911 carb is not.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration