Advise needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Advise needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

I would like to switch over the vaporizer on my 1927 Roadster. Should I get the Holley NH with the swivel top or can I use an NH straight thru

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Seems to me the '27 had the swivel top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

Check if your block has the hole between #'s 2 & 3 cylinders. it'll make it easier to convert the linkage. Also check the valve cover for the hole. I did my '27 and I had the block hole and the cover hole. The cover gasket didn't have a matching hole but that was obviously no problem. There's an "over the top" linkage set-up conversion available too but I don't know who sells it. I used a standard NH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

I think you can put the swivel top needle on a straight through NH if you like.
You'll also need both intake and exhaust manifolds. Used intakes are cheap & easy to get while straight & decent exhaust manifolds are less common so you may want a new repro.

Here's a thread showing one way to solve the throttle linkage issue: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/556959.html?1437434708

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

Roger is correct, Randy. You can run the straight bore earlier NH, and fit it with the swivel type needle and its brass holding nut.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SWITCH TO THE VAPORIZER? THE NH IS A MUCH BETTER CARBURETOR.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 08:18 pm:

Randy, 26/27 Ts have a swivel on the carburetor needle valve.

Glen, he is switching his car from a vaporizer to an NH.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 08:18 pm:

Look at Langs 6299CL you will need the rod and maybe the clamp on arm. I would give you the part numbers if I was at home and had my catalog.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration