Anyone Seen These Outside Brake Bands Or Know What They Fit ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Anyone Seen These Outside Brake Bands Or Know What They Fit ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 09:52 am:

Picked these up at a local swap meet last weekend. They fit two Model T brake drums back to back (they are 2 inches wide).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 10:03 am:

They could be driveshaft mounted parking brakes for a later vehicle. This is GMC from the forties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 10:17 am:

The first thing that came to my mind was Chrysler Products and I thought the little hole on the ends was odd. I found a picture of a band on eBay that seems to match. It is listed for a Dodge Power Wagon.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 10:27 am:

Thanks Tom & Howard!! Looks like you guy's hit the nail on the head!

We sure have a well rounded knowledgeable group here when it comes to Old Car stuff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

When I replaced the motor in my '53 Dodge Bro's. Pickup, I adjusted the emergency brake to tighten with about a half-way travel of the lever. We then took the truck for a test drive up the hill towards Mt. Shasta (about 3 miles up the hill), turned around and headed back down the hill. All of a sudden the truck lost power and pulled to a stop. My brother, who was 'riding shotgun' asked, "What ARE you doing??!!" I said, "Nothing, the truck is doing it by itself!" Well, we stopped, and after a few minutes we could go again, although I took it real easy. Got home and loosened that brake band some more!! Fortunately, no damage done, but boy oh boy, when that band drags, it heats things up! I imagine the same thing happens to T bands, except they're cooled by the oil bath.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration