Old Photo - Model T Era - Lincoln Avenue, Olivia, Minn.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Lincoln Avenue, Olivia, Minn.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 10:33 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 10:38 am:

Do you guys think I'm right in thinking it looks like the TT and the fellow bending over at the right front fender are making a gasoline delivery to the Ford dealership underground tank? I'm thinking the little roof structure over the sidewalk is a pump island.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 10:45 am:

Yeh, I'd say so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 11:27 am:

That's perzackly what's going on there. Thank goodness we have modern codes and safety standards to
get all this yuckiness "cleaned up". Who wants to have to look at such an ugly street scene such as this ?
Think of the lives forever scarred by such hideousness !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 01:11 pm:

Ugly but yet cool. I like the TT and the Ford- Fordson sign. It would be great in my garage. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

You're so right Burger. From the look of things folks actually had to come in direct contact with dirt. Heaven forbid!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Same spot today. Building where the Ford dealer was is still there.

TT tank truck is gone and so is the street light in the middle of the intersection.

Street is cleaner.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 09:51 am:

If you look at the wall right behind the fuel man you can see a circle with an arrow in it. This was a sign used by the Yellowstone Trail. You can still see the marker in 1957.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 10:54 am:

Pre-war street scenes have such "texture". Not just organic, but a rich and varied
combination of shapes and surfaces, signage, backset windows and entrances,
transoms, and the utilities/street lighting was beautiful. We have gone SO wrong in
turning everything ... what is the word ... "efficient" ??? Now, everything looks boarded
up and abandoned, like some post-riot ghetto scene .... and that is not only NORMAL,
it's CODE and encouraged ! (insert puking icon here)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 05:04 pm:

I bought this T in Olivia

Olivia T

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration