Model T Block drawing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Block drawing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Musegh Kalon on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

Does anyone have or know the drawing number of the bare block that shows the timing gear centers and angles?
I'm trying to make a line-up fixture for my main boring bar for the T motors.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

I used this drawing from Murray Fahnestock's Model T Fordowner to make the spacers for the line bore unit when I adapted a Kwik Way machine to do Model T main bearings.

gear centers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 04:54 pm:

I use a Kwik-way and have a pair of "links " using these centres that fit to a dummy camshaft. Once I have it set I may drill a pair of small dowel pin holes to lock it all together into the block skirt flange. On rare occasion I have had to reset the fixture and this makes it easy after I have taken it apart

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin in Katy Texas on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

There is also a drawing and full explanation in the Vic Zannis book - rebuilding the model t ford powerplant. I built my line boring setup from that. Works great.

Hope this helps,
Justin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

Vic and his dad Jim Zannis were a fantastic pair. I toured with Jim and Margaret a number of times. Is she still with us?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration