New Roof type C head gaskets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New Roof type C head gaskets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

I know this should be posted in the classifieds, but felt it may get a bit more attention on the forum.

Brian (Red) Cress has contacted a gasket manufacture that will make gaskets for Roof's type C heads.

The cost is estimated at $65.00 each.
Solid copper .062" thick.

Red test fit on his head and then forward to me as I have two type C's. The fit was perfect on one head but will need a bit of trimming around the eyebrows of a couple of valves. Not a big deal. Roof didn't have the best control on locations of holes and such.

If you would like to get on the list contact me via the PM and I will give you Red's contact info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

Layden

Got you're email. On the list for qty 2

thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Cress on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

Several people have shown interest in purchasing head gaskets. We plan on placing an order with the manufacturer on Wednesday the 18th. Please send Mike or I a PM if you would like to add your name to the list.
Thanks,
Red

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

What does a *C* Roof combustion chamber look like?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 04:34 pm:

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

Layden,
Thanks...that's quite a difference from the *standard*. That ought to breathe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Meakin on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 08:27 am:

I'm guessing the spark plug is on the wall at the bottom of the photo? Also, what are those small additional slots on the bottom of the head for, water jacket passages I would guess?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Cress on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 01:11 pm:

Joe. You are correct in both cases. Here is another photo to help clarify:
Roof "C" head

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

Red let me know that an order for 12 head gaskets has been place and the finial cost is $59.19 plus freight.

There maybe a couple of extras made that are not spoken for, so if you have a Type C head contact Red or myself to get on the list.

Should be shipping out next week.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration