16 touring rear rug

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 16 touring rear rug
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 07:08 pm:

Bob J. Asked me for the size of the rear rug on our 16 I thought I would post it. Well it's kind of rough with mouse damage it doesn't fit perfect hope the pictures help I can trace it on paper if that would help I don't think it's ever been out of car there is no wear on floor boards

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 11:31 pm:

Great pics Paul! I like the "crease" in your splash apron, some folks don't know they're supposed to be there! The body wood details are helpful too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 10:47 am:

The Rip Van Winkle had a similar rug, but it only covered the wood floor boards. It definitely was not a cocoa mat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 05:25 pm:

David thanks for pointing out the crease is supposed to be there! I spent some time going from side to side wondering how both sides could have got bent the same! Here's a picture of the left one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

Yep, factory crease! A neat detail that often gets "fixed" during restorations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland, Mn on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

Interesting to see these original cars. Yes, I put your original price list of parts in the mail today! When is your car's 100th birthday?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

Thanks Jeff your parts book is from 4-16 I have one coming from Kim that's 8-15 not sure which one is correct I don't know how often they were updated but I should be close! Our car has serial no 973687 cast date is 11-16-15 the body tag is 12-15 so I guess it is safe to say it is 100 years old! I am sure glad I got it running for my 98 year old uncle to drive it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 01:08 am:

Paul, My touring is a little newer than yours, 12-10-15 (999,9XX) so they're probably almost twins! Mine, however did not survive intact; it was disassembled for restoration about 1960 and has been that way since (well, I am getting back together slowly). The guy who took it apart bought brass rims for the headlamps and sidelights to "correct it" even!(NO, they're not going on the car!)
Would love to see more detail photos of your car!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration