Alternator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Alternator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX on Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 10:34 pm:

I have a alternator that has ceased production. I'm hoping a new regulator will get it going again.
It uses a single wire to the battery lead so there's no exciting circuit. My question is what Delco model is the core from. I tried matching but to date I'm finding the cores are larger than my original. I've had this one for a number of years and have no idea from whom I purchased it. Any help is appreciated. Jerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 07:25 am:

My PC must be broken because I don't see the core. Is there supposed to be a picture here? Perhaps it's the same as this model.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 08:31 am:

Jerry,

I bet it is one of the alternators sold by Ralph Reeder. I think they were from a Vega or Monza from the 1970's. They are rare cores. Any alternator repair shop can rebuild them, but you would need to scour eBay or a junk yard to find another one.

You are not going to exchange it at any auto part store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 09:26 am:

Royce, I suspect you are correct. Perhaps someone out there will have a part # they would be willing to share. Jerry.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration