Old Photo - Digger Motor Express Model TT Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Digger Motor Express Model TT Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 09:30 am:

A seat cushion would be a nice addition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 09:37 am:

I don't see a battery or headlights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 09:57 am:

Yeah, no headlights is an odd thing. It's right hand drive. I can't get a clear enough look at the lettering on the side of the cab to tell if there's a clue as to where it was.

Very cool truck! Thanks Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 10:13 am:

A lot of TT's were bought without starters and generators (like mine), but without headlights is unusual. If it's not used at night I wonder why it has side lamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 10:40 am:

It seems early practice for a lot of cars/trucks was cowl lights and nothing else.
Odd on a T, but many S-N-R's and same period other makes were un-equipped
this way, or had no lights at all.

We had an old codger in my town when I was younger that "planked" the seats
in his modern cars ... torn fabric no problem, just lay in some mill slabs and call
it good ! They were well polished, but looked mighty UN-cushy ! This is the same
guy who still had outdoor plumbing IN TOWN in 1990 and brought all his water on
site from his river property out of town, grew his own food, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 10:55 am:

IMHO someone must have removed the headlights that came with this truck. It would be hard to believe there were any fender irons or fenders produced by Ford absent the headlight bracket mounting holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 11:02 am:

It sure looks new for a damage-motivated removal. Very queer, this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlesHebert on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 01:54 pm:

Only used in he daytime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

It's easy to accept that it was used only in the daytime, but that doesn't explain why anyone would go to the trouble of removing the headlights. After all, you never know when a night trip may be necessary.

Maybe they were not needed and some other T or TT needed a damaged set replaced?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 03:09 pm:

It is probably Amish. They rip the electric out of everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

So, how do they fire the spark plugs? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

They just finished the body build and paint job and have'nt replaced them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 03:19 pm:

I think their sect allows for AC or DC, just not both :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 07:24 am:

That says J.H.Cockrane and company. He founded Overnite Express, The Old Motor photo will enlarge enough to read the name. This is probably a starter truck bought and dolled up on a shoestring budget to give a good impression.http://www.automotivehalloffame.org/inductee/j-harwood-cochrane/30/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 09:46 am:

If you look at the sills/runners under the bed i doubt it will ever see any use?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration