Why ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Why ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

Why is it that when I am asked if I want to make my username and password automatic and I click yes, it only works for that day?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

Punishment for posting the pig? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

It has to do with your shoe size and phase of the moon.

Seriously,
I believe it has to do with a combination of browser type, OS and various settings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

Frank, if you're in the habit of clearing your daily history/cache as I do, I believe that's the reason for it. Also, it's possible your browser is set to do that automatically when you close it out also. Might wanna look into that and see if that's the culprit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 03:00 pm:

Its' a California thing ...

I could not begin to understand why ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

If you have "cookies" blocked it will cause the password to disappear ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

What are cookies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 03:52 pm:

Mark they are the things that let you find a good neutral in your T. My cookies are blocked because they make me fat if I have too many of them.

pig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

I love cookies, especially chocolate chip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

I am with Richard - Free chocolate chip cookies at checkin is the reason I stay at the Holiday inn and Hilton.

And the points so my wife and grandchildren can go camping for free.
Camping = a holiday inn or Hilton with a pool and room service.

(Message edited by Nhusa on April 29, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

The forum uses a very antiquated and risky resource called DOM Storage on your PC to store information. It's not cookies alone that stores your user/password. I turned my DOM Storage off many years ago and the forum stopped refreshing my password on forum threads. It still remembers the password on User Profile screens but not the forum threads.

The problem is that you can't turn-on/allow DOM Storage for individual sites. It's all or nothing. And if you do turn it on (default in IE), you give all sites you visit permission to use up to 10MB of disk storage on your PC. Probably not a problem for most of you that only visit a few sites but a major problem if you browse a lot of different sites and have skimpy resources (disk space). DOM Storage is a security risk as far as I'm concerned and leave it turned off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 09:26 am:

Snicker doodles warm and fresh out of the oven.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 09:30 am:

Way to go Steve. You just had to bring up the pig !! Atleast Frank only posted the still pic ...

Regards,
Garnet

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration