Chassis info

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Chassis info
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 07:40 pm:

there is a hole that goes across the chassis that my others
don 'have could this be for a transmission support also the the metal are heavier than on my coupe
hole looks original ford
thank you lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 12:17 am:

not sure when, but later fords like 26-27 have a thicker frame rail. the hole?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

The hole seems to be factory stamp made, is a good size hole large hole , I can fit a 1/2 shaft in and have more room.. I have had other chassis
and not one had this anomaly
the chassis is a 27

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 03:42 pm:

The Improved Car had a frame of new design but was the same thickness of metal as earlier. Soon several changes were made including using the heavier TT truck thickness of metal and adding flanges to the rear cross-member where the rear spring clips go thru it as in your picture.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration