1919-1920 Model T Invoices

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1919-1920 Model T Invoices
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland, Mn on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 10:05 pm:

I have a friend who has approximately 20 invoices of T's sold through Auto Service Company of Copas, MN. He allowed me to make copies. I will endeavor to post all the serial #'s in another responses in this thread. Hopefully someone will have one of these cars. Most all list the name of the original purchaser of the cars. Some invoices have two or three cars listed on them. Here is a picture of one of the invoices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland, Mn on Friday, April 29, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Here are the serial numbers of the invoices I have:
4042906 Touring
4021430 Touring
4044107 Roadster
4061694 Coupelet (starter and clincher rims!)
4088349 Coupe
4149749 Coupelet
4136099 Touring
4167055 Runabout
3956061 Runabout
3956071 Touring
3731131 Sedan
3759731 Roadster
3761011 Touring
3755286 Touring
3385132 Touring
3434507 Runabout
3416583 Touring
3361714 Touring
3314863 Runabout
3244780 Touring
3231066 Touring
3376398 Touring
3534732 Coupelet
3832855 Touring
3806237 Touring
3833021 Coupelet
I guess I have 26 all together. All open cars were listed as being equipped with starters. Some state demountable rims. If anyone out there can match one of these numbers with their car I will gladly send a copy of the invoice to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland, Mn on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

If you are in the Midwest and have a 1919-20 T check your engine # against my list. I would love to find one of these cars! Please mention this to anyone you may know who might have a car in this era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 06:43 am:

I think only about one out of a hundred of those cars still exists, so there's maybe a 20% chance any of them are around, but still fun to see any original invoice :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland, Mn on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 07:51 am:

If I actually find one I would feel like I won the lottery!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

Jeff..great find and thanks for posting-especially for the sake of the "lucky ones"...of which I am not! My '20 is 3987904 so I missed it by "that much"...LOL :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland, Mn on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

Thanks for checking Tim! There are several T's in our area that I hope the owners check on. I sure would like a "bingo"!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

What a fantastic find. I truly wish I had one of those cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Royce Peterson sent me a sales sheet from a dealer ship in Esterville Iowa that had my 1911 ford touring on it. I am still trying to get a picture of the ford dealership building that it was sold from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Do you mean Estherville?

A quick Google search revealed a Motor Inn Auto Group in Estherville, IA.

http://www.motorinnautogroup.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 10:42 am:

Any body #'s on those? I have a 20 with a body serial number in the 7000 range for 1920... unfortunately engine is a 23 and titled as a 23... so engine number does not match production year...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland, Mn on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

Sorry I can't help you on that Robert. Note on the illustrated invoice only motor #'s are listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 01:40 pm:

Thanks Jeff. The number on my 1920 runabout does not match the list. Still not one of the lucky ones. I would love to have a matching invoice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 10:17 am:

So the cars were shipped from the Branch Assembly Plant in Minneapolis, Mn. to Copas, Mn. Then what?

I found this gem - To the Railroad and Warehouse Commission, state of Minnesota, a filing (19 February 1916 to 28 February 1916) was issued by the Auto Service Company ( J. A. Hawkinson, Copas, MN) with Minneapolis, St. Paul, & Sault Ste. Marie Railway Company. The application was for an unloading chute for handling Automobiles. Adjusted by railways company's agreement to erect unloading platform as soon as weather in spring would permit.

Current status of the Minneapolis branch assembly building. http://www.universityunited.com/pdf/FordUnivHistory.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 09:58 am:

Mark, I did mean Estherville, IA. The invoice that I have has 31 cars on it. The name on it is F.H.Rhodes. I researched the name. My findings revealed that he was a banker during that era in Estherville. I can not find any Ford dealership connected with him.
I contacted the Chamber of Commerce,a ford dealership and Historical society to no avail.I am trying to get a era photo to show with the invoice.
Thanks for responding,
Pete

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 10:00 am:

Mark, I did mean Estherville, IA. The invoice that I have has 31 cars on it. The name on it is F.H.Rhodes. I researched the name. My findings revealed that he was a banker during that era in Estherville. I can not find any Ford dealership connected with him.
I contacted the Chamber of Commerce,a ford dealership and Historical society in Estherville to no avail.I am trying to get a era photo to show with the invoice.
Thanks for responding,
Pete

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

I didn't win on this round. But I had fun!
My Sept '19 engine (3,368,857) is close to a couple on the list but since it ended up in the central part of the state, my chances weren't so good. :-)
Hmmm, the closest numbers are tourings.
Thanks Jeff!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration