Old Photo of Model T found in my Dad's bill fold.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo of Model T found in my Dad's bill fold.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Mendez on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 03:22 am:

I was going through my late Dad's wallet when I came across a news photograph of the old Model T.
This picture was taken in 1949 when My dad's friend US Congressman Ed Roybal ran for City Council of Los Angeles. My dad is sitting behind the wheel. Sitting on Ed Roybal's lap is his daughter Congresswoman Lucille Roybal-Allard.

Dad and Ed Roybal 1949

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Mendez on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 03:31 am:

Here is another of my Mom and Dad. In the back seat I believe is the Campaign manager for Jimmy Roosevelt.

Mom and Dad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 06:44 am:

Frank,

What a neat keepsake and piece of history you found, thanks for sharing the pictures. The voters look very young in the top picture so I wonder if they were giving out candy at a parade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 11:46 am:

trying to edit

(Message edited by Hap_tucker on April 30, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Frank,

As Dennis said, it is a wonderful keepsake for you. It must have been very special to your Dad for him to have carried it in his billfold. And for those who may have missed your earlier posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/631569.html?1460247649#POST828136 or for folks like me who did not put the two posting together that is the same 1914 touring that you are currently working on.

Have you been able to contact the local Model T Ford club near you yet? I would think there is a good chance there will be some other 1914 tourings or at least other 1914-1921 tourings that you can use as a guide for working on your car. In your previous thread you shared, I want to restore the T to where it was when he parked it in the mid '50s. He drove it in parades while campaigning for Congressman Ed Roybal and Jimmy Roosevelt when he ran for governor of Ca. Those photos should help you towards that goal.

I cannot tell from the photos that I have seen if the car does or does not have the body irons [shown below] or not. Even if it did not have them in the 1950s photos, I would recommend you include them. To add them later, someone would have to remove part of the upholstery to fit them to the car.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap 1915 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

What a cool piece of your family's and your cars history. You will driving it all over eventually.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration