Does anybody have any history on this fabulous 1926 Ford Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Does anybody have any history on this fabulous 1926 Ford Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 06:52 am:

Does anybody have any history on this fabulous 1926 Ford Model T it would be nice to put together any history whatsoever I think the car is from Minneapolis.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.
N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 08:04 am:

Don't know about this specific car, but if the headlamps are mounted directly on the cross bar, then it would likely have been made in august 1926 or later and considered a 1927 model year car by Ford.
Later during 1927 production all closed cars were equipped with wire wheels, so this may be a car made during the autumn of '26 if all original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 09:21 am:

Maybe with any luck you could start with the DMV. Most states have early records of ownership, registration on file in some form - microfilm or digital. To learn about early ownership contact the records division . For Minnesota try -- https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/Pages/records-request-procedure.aspx

An example of the form is here: https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/forms-documents/Documents/RecordRequestForm.pdf

This is assuming the car spent all its life in Minnesota.

Of course this is time consuming - as all genealogy research is.

You can get some background on manufacturing date and vehicle changes from this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 10:35 am:

Roger Karlsson you are on the ball as ever the car has been sold as a 26 I shall have to wait until I get it home until I have a good look at all the details.

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 10:38 am:

George John Drobnock thank you for all your great suggestions I'm hoping that someone on the form actually knows the car and can tell me more about it's restoration

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 10:38 am:

The natural wood spoke wheels were an option on 1925, 1926, and 1927 cars if using 21 inch balloon tires and wheels. . So natural wood spokes are correct for this car and may have came with the car or were changed by the dealer as the option...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 11:07 am:

Roger, my car is a June 1926 production and has the headlights mounted to the cross bar. Could be the cross bar started earlier, or these cars were changed over by previous owners. Looking at the throttle linkage setup, it looks like it is set up for a vaporizer, which I agree would make it a 1927 model year car. Again, no telling what previous owners may have done. Only the engine /frame numbers will give a better idea as to production.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 02:16 pm:

I saw that car on Craigslist. Wasn't it being sold out of Duluth, MN?

You need to talk to the owner the car and ask him where he got it. Then contact the previous owner, etc…..

Early Minnesota automobile registrations are only available from 1909 through 1914 for the state of Minnesota. They're housed in the Minnesota Historical Society.

Any history obtained from the Minnesota Department of Public Safety will not go back very far.

I have a list of the original Minnesota Pioneer Plate registrations but it unfortunately for you it only goes up to approx. plate #2200. Your license plate looks like it is over 4500.

Erik in Minneapolis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

Erik in Minneapol yes the car was being sold out of Duluth, MN by a dealer who had no history on the car I would just love to have some information on whoever restored vehicle.Thank you very much for your input and great advice .

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 10:06 am:

Sorry, shouldn't have written before double checking the dates in the encyclopedia - mounting the headlamps on a cross bar was introduced before the 1927 model year in august, it must have been soon after the April 19 letter cited in this link: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/doc26.htm

And the wire wheels was included on Fordors from October 27, 1926 according to the same link. Your June 1926 car fits in nice between those dates :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

I would think that the dealer who just you sold the car should at least be able to tell you from whom they acquired the car. I'm sure it didn't just mysteriously show up on their doorstep.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

Everybody knows that Model T's were never molested and left 100% as they left the factory by subsequent owners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Conley on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

N Maver - This is your guy in Duluth. I will be providing you with some receipts and paperwork and older photos and previous ownership going back to 1975. Prior to coming to Duluth, it looks like the car was in St Cloud, MN for 40 years or so. I am now in the process of reaching out to the owner 3 times removed, and hope to be able to get you a contact in St Cloud soon.
Thanks, Steve'26 Model T'26 Model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

Nice water pump, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Conley on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 02:46 pm:

Correction...make that Cambridge, MN and probably Minneapolis, MN prior to that.
I'm confident we can get it figured out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 06:44 am:

Steve thanks very much my understanding was that we had no history on this car I'm grateful that you have done all this research ! I have been looking for a Fordor Sedan such as this for over a year now and I am very much looking forward to being the custodian of this fine car it's certainly looks like it has had a very thorough restoration.

N

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration