Question about hershey pa swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Question about hershey pa swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Keppler on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

Whos been to the fall swap meet in Hershey PA, is every Model T tool and part available there?
Really looking forward to going and finding everything I need for my project

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Take sturdy, comfortable shoes. Take something that will let you wander around with a big load of heavy stuff. Take lots of cash. Take rain gear. Have a great time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

I went for the first time last year and I can honestly say it is the best swap meet I have been to by far. Perfect weather certainly helped. It took me three days to see it all. I made good use of my folding shopping cart:

http://www.target.com/p/athome-heavy-duty-wheeled-shopping-utility-cart-red/-/A- 10794448?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Storage%2BOrganization %2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Storage%2BOrganization&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&d evice=c&location=9022835&gclid=Cj0KEQjwr5G5BRD_n-T0pf7x4ucBEiQAlxHOP1GB2atRQoqOs 66lc69HlF-DQqiX0p7r0Z6NkvztLDAaAmqz8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

I've been three times and so far I haven't covered the whole thing. Last year the rain out didn't come until the last twenty minutes, so I almost saw the whole thing. You won't find everything you need, but you'll fined a lot. One of the best things I bought there was this.

I added the handle extension so I can pull it behind me without getting a flat tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 02:38 am:

Why not come to Luray Va in a few weeks. It is a Pre War meet. Not as big as Hershey, but no 57 Chevys or 65 Tangs, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 05:19 am:

Come to Luray!!!!
In the fall the Orange Field is loaded with T stuff at Hershey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 09:22 am:

Doug: If you can review the program from a recent Hershey meet you will get a good idea of the layout and magnitude of the flea market. Many vendors and private sellers return to the same spaces each year, and there is an index of sellers and services and their respective locations in the market. Unfortunately, the Hershey programs are only available at the show, not in advance, and in paper format. respectfully, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 09:29 am:

I've been to Hershey for 32 years, without missing one. Great meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 09:31 am:

I'm planning on going, but mostly for Stanley Steamer... Looking for an 10hp engine (but I'll take a 20hp if I find that!)

That said, my left eye will be on the look out for T stuff, for future speedster...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Google - Hershey Region AACA Fall Meet, lots of info and pictures. I attend and highly recommend. If you plan to stay in area make reservations today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

I wouldn't miss it, one of my favorite events of the year.

Traffic can be a little busy though...............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Steve said you won't find everything you need. For your '24, I'd bet you will. I live nearby and have been to many Hershey's since 1972. The size of the flea market is staggering. This example is not Model T, but if you want an indication of how many parts there are at Hershey, Google "Hagerty's Swap to Street Challenge".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 06:17 pm:

Douglas,

My first was 1970 and you could catch the whole thing plus the car show with time to spare by going up Friday morning...lol.

Been to most since and either I'm getting older and huffier...or...they find ways to get more in. I start earlier in the week now and decide to give up the tail end Saturday because most of the finds are gone, and I prefer the car show.

Like said, comfy shoes...waterproof kit for yourself...some sort of carry cart or a friend. (2 years ago I bought 4 rims and mounted tires from Dan, not 1000 ft. from where the car was and I think that I was the morning entertainment for a whole bunch of folks :-) )

Do spot the 'T parts' guys from the booklet...but don't be afraid to take a quick stop even if one part looks T at an unlisted guy. I'd agree with Marc...for a '24, good scouting and quick pickup, you probably could put a set together. Word to the wise for the most part...don't see 'it', think the guy wants too much by a buck or two and won't haggle...and plan on stopping back Friday or Saturday morn for a 'close out' sale...usually gone and Hershey prices are usually always higher than normal street price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

Do not forget the Hershey candy store next to the swap meet. I usually go home with a few large bags of candy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Doug, the Hershey Swap Meet is about 1 mile long and 1/4 mile wide at the widest point. Like George said, having a cart or a friend where you can stash things you bought and then have help getting them to your car or truck really helps. I have an old newspaper carrier bag to carry parts in, and a friend with a truck on the grounds that will bring my stuff out for me....that really helps.

Don't forget to bring clothes for any type of weather: rain, cold, really warm, etc. Comfy shoes or boots are very important.

If you're there on Monday and go to the AACA Museum, you can buy the booklet there in advance. I do that and on Monday evening I mark the vendors I want to see & where they are on the map so I'm ready to go on Tuesday morning. If you want to cover the whole thing, you have to walk fast and don't stop to bs too much. :-)

Be sure to stop at the MTFCA Club Booth at C4Q34 to 37 to rest up for a while if you need it.

Tuesday is vendor set up day but many are already there and you can get first chance at what you're looking for.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 10:00 pm:

The guy driving that red Ford looks familiar. }

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 07:33 am:

I haven't missed going since i970, even one year when I messed up my back just before the meet and couldn't walk much. I bought a T touring body that year. Another year I bought a 26 touring that was missing a lot of parts,I found everything it was missing before we left. I also bought my 14 touring there. Best place to find T stuff but you do have to do a lot of walking. It's to bad they can't section it off according to brand. If they did, The Ford section would be huge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 08:56 am:

It always troubles me when a posts such as this receives no acknowledgement, let alone a thank you from original poster. You gentlemen deserve some attaboys at the very least. See you in Hershey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Keppler on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

I didnt know we had a morality cop on the forum, I ALWAYS thank contributors to my posts, happened to be away from my computer for a couple of days so thank you everyone for your input! You too Jerry and don't be too troubled next time

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration