Pate Swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Pate Swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

Pate swap meet ended Saturday. (located North of Fort Worth Texas)
There was a lot of stuff there but not much Model T stuff.
I mostly visiting with T friends and some walking the grounds. It gave me an excuse to get out of the house.
Will I attend next year ????????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Willie: You need to come to Luray Pre war meet. Lots of T stuff there. See the last post on number of vendors. Also, there is another Pre War Swap meet that Sunday in PA. Two meets in one week. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

I bought a Model T exhaust manifold nut wrench at Pate on Friday for $10. I resold it to a fellow T-er later that day. Not any more T stuff there than I could fit in the back of my pickup, and I walked the whole thing.

Today our T club did clean up at the swap meet. So I have spent a lot of time there this weekend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

If your looking for T parts at Pate you'll have to look long and closely. It's mostly post war and later. Years ago it was pretty good for T stuff but not anymore.
To much digging and walking only to find a coil or Champion X plug. I started to go since I now have a 63 Ford Galaxie but other things came up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 06:57 pm:

I was looking for a few T parts, I guess I will have to wait till Hershey.
The reason I go to Pate is that it is about 220 miles from my house, All the rest of the meets listed above are a lot of miles from my house in Texas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

Willie,

There is a swAp meet in Decatur in February or March. It usually has a lot more T and A parts than any of the other local meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

Thanks Ted, I have been to the Decatur meet a few times in the past years. If I remember right, it is an OK swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 07:04 am:

I remember the Pate when it first started, just a small little get together in a pasture. 1974 or 75, if my razor-sharp mind has brought it up correctly....long ago and far far away! I drove my '72 Gremlin X to it. ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 07:33 am:

I think it was more like 1978 or so. I was there and we were one of about thirty vendors perhaps right in front of the museum entrance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 08:11 am:

Those were the days . There were no computers so the best way to find parts was to make connections with people . I knew people from all over the U. S. A. and the world. A lot of them are gone now but not forgotten . Some of the old timers like me I still see at Chickasha . Lots of T stuff back then .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

I often though if the Pate Swap Meet, and other large meets for that matter would offer a area just for "Pre-War" vendors, it might attract more vendors and buyers.
Hershey excluded.......
Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

The old Pate Swap Meet, at the museum in Cresson, was wonderful. After they moved it to the speedway, the magic was gone.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration