Browne-Branford Carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Browne-Branford Carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Weiss on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

I picked this carburetor up at a swap meet in Bristol Ct today. The seller told me he found it in his grandfathers basement on a shelf with the instructions still attached. It looks like it has never been used. It was manufactured by Malleable Iron Fittings in Branford Ct. They made pipe fittings. Has anyone ever used one of these and if so how did it run?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 12:05 am:

Never seen or heard of one before. It sure would look good in my collection if you decide to sell it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Weiss on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 05:21 am:

Stan if I decide to sell it I will let you know. I found old ads on the web but have never seen one like it Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 03:59 pm:

Cool.
Does the tag number match the serial number?

: ^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

Very unusual, it uses the air from the hot air pipe to warm the fuel in the float bowl:

https://books.google.com/books?id=EyUAAAAAMAAJ&pg=RA4-PA23&dq=Browne-Branford+Ca rburetor&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwilqpCHmrzMAhWGPiYKHZY6DUcQ6AEIJjAA#v=onepage&q=Br owne-Branford%20Carburetor&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=whRaAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA28&dq=Browne-Branford+Carbur etor&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwilqpCHmrzMAhWGPiYKHZY6DUcQ6AEIKzAB#v=onepage&q=Browne -Branford%20Carburetor&f=false

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Weiss on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

The number on the paper tag is 1504
The spaces on the metal tag are blank with the letter D on the right blank space.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration