Industria Argentina - Anyone ever seen one of these manifolds?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Industria Argentina - Anyone ever seen one of these manifolds?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

Saw this on a friends T. Anyone know anything about this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 07:14 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/491921.html?1415339146

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/85776.html?1238310904

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

back in the 70s lots of A & T parts were made by "Industria Argentina." The story I was told at the time was that's where a lot of the ford tooling went. Hmm, problem was, nothing fit quite right, so where did the tooling come from?????
I think the best fitting pieces were the A coupe window crank mechanisms. . . But it was a long time ago!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 11:12 pm:

My exhaust manifold says "Made in Argentina". The thickness is different than the original one so I have to put spacers under the holddowns on the intake. Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 10:30 am:

When I worked a Ford Parts Obsolete in Long Beach, California back in the late sixties, early seventies, we got a lot of stuff from Argentina. Some of it was ok, but most of it wasn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

Egads! Looks like it's mounted on a tractor. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

Ken, You must not be familiar with the "John Deere " paint option right after the brass period!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

may parts were made in Argentina back in the industrial revolution era. Even today, some of the finest engine parts such as the sodium filled valves for aircraft engines are made there with high precision. The problem is export consistency. What may be a good source for parts today may not be affordable a year later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 05:31 pm:

All,

Thanks for the information. I will pass it along to the owner along with some paint stripper :-) :-) :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 12:54 am:

I worked for Tommy Traylor's Specialized Auto Parts in Houston from 1971 to 1975. I may be wrong, but I think Tommy was the original importer of Industria Argentina made parts. I know he imported these manifolds, U Joints, copper head gaskets, late style front spring perches, NH style carburetors, and 30 X 3 1/2 straight sided tires. The worst stuff was the carburetors and tires.

Tommy was also the original dealer to go to Taiwan manufacturers and have parts reproduced over there. The Budd spoke covers for 19" Model A wheels, the T closed car inside door lock knobs, the 26-27 gas sediment bowls, T aluminum pistons, Tiger timer and roller, 30-31 A cowl lights, various A tail light parts, A enclosed car door hinge mirrors, A stone guards, Model A wind wing brackets, Model A luggage racks, various Model A door handles and escutcheon. Model A sliding door latch assembly, locking early V8 gas cap, 32-36 tandem windshield wiper assembly, 33-34 bumper guards are just a few that I can remember. Tommy used to buy all these parts by large wooden crates, shipped to the Port of Houston and delivered to the store by truck.

If you happen to have an old Fifteenth Anniversary Specialized catalog, dated March 1974, I'm Terry in the picture on the inside back page, standing next to Dean (Jones).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration